Key Points From the Interview
've talked to acquisition entrepreneurs who've acquired e-commerce businesses and SaaS businesses and affiliate/content businesses.
But I haven't yet talked to someone who bought a business with the other big digital business model: lead generation, or lead gen.
Well today's guest Jaime Arias did.
Jaime bought Patients4you, a family of websites that generates leads for certain dental procedures.
If you're at all interested in digital businesses, this interview is an opportunity to learn about lead gen, often overshadowed by e-commerce and SaaS, but an important industry in its own right.
Some of the topics Jaime and I cover:
- The opportunity to buy "old" internet businesses
- The 3 types of sellers you find on Flippa
- The Rank & Rent model for local lead gen
- What are you really buying with a lead gen business?
- SEO vs. PPC for lead gen
- Getting comfortable with Google algorithm risk
- Using BizBuySell to buy digital businesses
- How Jaime is growing Patients4you
- And, oldie but goodie, choosing self-funded over a traditional search fund
Enjoy this conversation with Jaime Arias, owner of Patients4you: